Thursday, March 23, 2023

Must-Make Meals: 16 Recipes That Are Better As Leftovers - BuzzFeed

For me, however, leftovers are the basis of my weekly meals. As someone who works from home most days and only has a household of two to feed, I've found the "cook it for dinner, save extras for lunch" method to be the easiest way to ensure I always have something delicious to eat when midday rolls around. And through all of my leftover eating, I've also been able to hone in on some epically delicious better-as-leftovers meals that I still come back to over and over again.

Although the reality of food tasting better the next day is hotly debated, for me, the definition of "better with time" leftovers (as I like to call them) is quite simple: They're meals that not only survive but thrive after a few days in the fridge. Hearty salad greens turn tender instead of wilting into a watery mess. Soup ingredients won't absorb twice their weight in broth and end up bloated and soggy. And most importantly, the flavors develop and intensify with time instead of merely wearing off.

Adblock test (Why?)



from "recipes" - Google News https://ift.tt/Y0f2XlA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Dump and Go' Slow Cooker Recipes for Your Easiest-Ever Weeknight Suppers - Yahoo Life

It’s no secret we’re big fans of the slow cooker — anything that makes getting dinner on the table easier is a huge win in our books. And fo...